Data Migration Course
In recent years, companies have been transitioning to the cloud at great speed. There are many advantages of transitioning to the cloud and companies want to take advantage of the cloud. In this context, the transition from on-premises to cloud is one of the most important issues of the last period.
- Legacy systems are replaced by modern ones
- Reduces storage costs
- Increases efficiency
- Increases globality
- Enhances security
- Recovery, backup, and disaster recovery solutions
- Improve management and monitoring
- Less maintenance and Maximum uptime.
At the end of this course, you will easily migrate your database from on-premises to cloud, from cloud to on-premises or hybrid infrastructure.
Data Migration Prerequisites
You need to have a foundation about the topics below to attend this program.
- DB Essentials: Hands-on experience on relational and NoSQL databases : Aurora, MySQL, DynamoDB etc.
- AWS Services: Hands-on experience with EC2, RDS, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch metrics, Cloudformation
- Network Knowledge: Routing, subnets, ACL’s
- Hands-on experience on DB Engineering tasks
- Linux CLI
- Cloud vs OnPrem (10 hours)
- Why Should I move my data?
- Datacenter pre-migration consideration
- Migration Steps
- Discovery & Migration
- Design & Migrate
- Migrate to AWS (10 hours)
- The common cloud data migration challenges
- AWS Migration Tools:
- Migration Evaluator
- Migration Hub
- Possible scenarios and solutions for data migration
- Labs (10 hours)
- Migrate from on-prem MySQL to AWS RDS (5 hours)
- Migrate from MySQL to DynamoDB (5 hours)