The Salesforce Platform App Builder certification is for developers who want to show that they know how to use the Lightning Platform’s declarative customization features to create and deploy their own apps. The successful candidate has the ability to develop, maintain, and update data models, application security, business logic, and process automation.
What are the Key Topics for Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification?
There are a total of five subtopics in the Platform App Builder exam.
Salesforce Fundamentals: 23%
- Locate the limitations of declarative customization and the scenarios that call for programmatic customization (Given a scenario).
- Define typical use cases for AppExchange-based organization expansion.
- Use the available tools and features to limit or increase access to objects, records, and fields.
- Find the best sharing solution (Given a set of business requirements).
- Recognize the features and functions for making reports, report types, and dashboards.
- Figure out what needs to be done on a global and object level to improve the Salesforce mobile user experience (Given a set of requirements).
- Define the customizations and use cases for Chatter.
Data Modeling and Management: 22%
- Determine (Given a scenario)
- The right data model.
- The factors when selecting or changing a field data type.
- The possibilities and factors to take into account when importing and exporting data, including the potential of external data sources.
- Describe the features and factors.
- The different relationship types and how they affect record access, user interface, and reporting (Given a scenario).
- The schema builder.
Business Logic and Process Automation: 28%
- Given a scenario, decide the capabilities, use cases
- And implications of roll-up summary fields.
- For approval processes.
- For workflow, Flow, and Process Builder.
- Given a scenario, showcase how to use of
- Formula fields to satisfy the specified business needs.
- Validation rules to fulfill stated business needs.
- (Given a set of business requirements) advise a solution for automating business processes while preventing automation errors.
User Interface: 17%
- Describe UI customization.
- Show the features and use cases of custom buttons, links, and actions.
- Decide the declarative choices for Lightning Components to an app (Given a scenario).
- Define the programmatic adjustments for integrating custom Lightning Components into an application.
App Deployment: 10%
- Advise a solution for critical stages and factors when controlling the application lifecycle and different types of Sandboxes (Given a set of business requirements).
- Show skill, viability, and troubleshooting with change sets (Given a use case).
- Define the use cases and factors for unmanaged and managed packages.
- Decide on the best deployment strategy (Given a scenario).
Platform App Builder Certification Exam Tips
- Interactive study materials are available in Trailhead; click the following link.
The Salesforce Platform App Builder role generally needs certification, and preparation for the certification exam has the steps above, which must be performed gradually. The main checklist for this goal is key topics, and through this checklist, you should follow the tails on the trailhead mentioned above as study strategies and tips. Just focus on the exam and trust yourself!
How to Study Platform App Builder Certification?
Following the major stages below as a strategy is the best approach to preparing for the certification.
- In order to get the stated Platform App Builder certification, you may need further details on the knowledge and abilities. In this respect, you can consider joining an online Salesforce course.
- Your initial step should be to study for the Salesforce Platform App Builder Credential and Superbadges below:
- Security Specialist
- Process Automation Specialist
- App Customization Specialist
- Get to know the Salesforce Certifications Guide and the Salesforce Trailhead Exam Guide inside and out. These will serve as a great overview of the numerous topics you need to know for the test.
Who’s the Ideal Candidate for Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification?
Individuals with extensive experience building custom applications on the Lightning Platform are prime candidates for the Salesforce Platform App Builder certification.
The ideal candidate for the role of Salesforce Platform App Builder has between six months and one year of experience creating applications in the Lightning Platform and/or a different technology framework.
The ideal candidate for the role of Salesforce Platform App Builder possesses the following qualities and competencies:
- Working knowledge of what the Lightning Platform can do.
- Familiarity with Salesforce’s licensing structure and its implications.
- Technical expertise in developing applications to meet process support and reporting business needs.
- Knowledge of features and personalization options for bettering the mobile user experience.
- Expertise in Salesforce’s development environments and the Lightning Platform’s application deployment and change management features.
For a detailed Salesforce training, you can consider taking the Clarusway Salesforce Course.
Last Updated on August 9, 2023